Chabot-Las Positas Association of
August 13, 2008
San Ramon Golf Club
MEMBERS PRESENT: Clyde Allen, Helen Bridge, Gay Conner,
Esther Goldberg, Art Larson, John McKinley, George Anna Tow, Sharon
MEMBERS ABSENT: Maxine Calleri, Norma Kernes, Don Nilson,
Heidi Spearer, Bill Threlfall, Bob Wood, Glenys Wilson
1. The minutes of the March 20 meeting were approved as written.
2. Presidentís Report: Glenys Wilson and Maxine Calleri will
not likely be active in CARE any longer, due to health and age
issues. Potential new member: Nina Kiger. Esther will call Lettie
Camp. Deaths: Bob Kelly, Anne Warrin, and Margaret Weidman.
3. Newsletter: New edition is now at the printerís and
online. It is excellent.
Discussion: should members who donít pay dues receive a newsletter?
Board decided "yes," and will launch a membership drive. Art will
draft a mock-up for newsletter article/form.
4. Treasurerís Report: Currently in treasury: $5,603.62
5. CARE Fund: Fiscal year ended June 30. Now being audited.
6. Activities Report: Annual reunion: Contract with club
signed, and treasurer has paid required deposit. Gay now searching
for program possibilities. Several groups were suggested.
7. District Liaison: Sharon reported on changes that have
been made in the personnel office, including added staff positions
and change in title for Human Resources Director, who is now named a
8 Communications Director: Bill sent a copy of website
activities. Hits continue to grow, and should grow further with new
9. At Large Directors: Discussion by Esther and George Anna
evolved into a broader discussion of new History Project. Several
articles by board members were presented and discussed. Members
agreed to send in history items and written suggestions for project
as soon as possible.
10. Next meeting: Scheduled for Thursday, December 11, 2008
at Helenís house. Board members will share in providing for
luncheon. Subsequent to Aug. meeting, it was agreed to invite Gene
to December meeting and to honor him for his long service as
11. Meeting adjourned at 1:10 PM.