Chabot-Las Positas Association of
December 11, 2008
Helen Bridgeís Home
Members Present: Clyde Allen, Helen Bridge, Gay Conner,
Esther Goldberg, Norma Kernes, Art Larson, John McKinley, Don NIlson,
Heidi Spearer, Bill Threlfall, George Anna Tow, Sharon Trethan
Past Member: JoAnne Neu
Guest: Nina Kiger
1. The minutes of the August 13 meeting were approved as written.
2. Presidentís Report: Four board members have left the Board
(Maxine Calleri, Gene Houck, Glenys Wilson, and Bob Wood). Helen
complimented Heidi on the current newsletter. There have been no new
writings on the history project.
3. Newsletter: Heidi indicated that the publication dates
will change a little to accommodate the production and mailing of
4. Webmaster: Bill presented a copy of the website
activities. Hits continue to grow. There are 54 directory members
and 4 members have requested to receive the newsletter via the
5. Treasurerís Report: Sharon reported on the treasury
balance. Sharon indicated that since the latest newsletter came out
17 members have renewed their membership including one lifetime
6. CARE Fund: Clyde reminded the Board that the Fund is
audited by the fiscal year which ended June 30, 2008. Clyde reported
on the current financial status of the CARE Fund.
7. Activities: Gay submitted a timeline for the Annual
Reunion. The Chabot College Jazz Combo will provide background music
during the luncheon. Helen shared with the Board some door prizes
she had purchased and asked the Board if they wished to provide door
prizes to bring them to the luncheon. It was suggested to invite the
District Chancellor, President of Chabot College, President of Las
Positas College and Karen Silva.
8. District Liaison: Sharon reported on a District Closed
Session item on the December 9 Board agenda regarding Deliberation
of Employee Benefits and Privileges.
9. Chabot Liaison: Norma reported on the Building Projects at the
college and the improved parking lots.
10. Las Positas Liaison: Don had no report.
11. At Large Directors: George Anna suggested that at the
Reunion we could introduce those present who have been awarded the
Reed Buffington Award. Esther was nominated by Helen for President
in 2009 and Esther agreed.
12. Other Discussion Items: None
13. Next Meeting: No date was set for the next meeting.
14. Meeting adjourned at approximately 12:15 for lunch.